Pointe Shoe Fitting FAQ
How To Book A Service
For your convenience you can book now online your free pointe shoe fitting appointment with us by completing the booking process.
Q: Do I need to book an appointment for a fitting?
A: Yes, if you come to our showroom without an appointment we cannot guarantee that we will be able to assist you.
Q: How many days in advance can I book my pointe shoe fitting appointment?
A: You can book an appointment up to 30 days in advance.
Since each customer has unique needs appointment durations can vary, first time fitting appointments generally take the longest and can last up to 1 hour. If you are replacing existing pointe shoes that are 2+ years old then you should expect the appointment to last between 20-30 minutes and if your existing shoes are less than 2 years old your appointment may take as little as 15-20 minutes.
Prepare For Your Appointment
- Please ensure that your toenails have been trimmed recently before attending your appointment
- Check with your studio or instructor prior to your appointment to see if you are allowed to wear toe pads or other forms of padding. Also check to see if your studio or instructor has any suggestions on what brands or styles they want you to wear. Many studios and instructors want their students in certain types of shoes.
- If you currently own pointe shoes please bring them with you even if the shank or toe box is broken, they are too small or they are worn out.
- Bring your existing toe pads or other forms of padding with you to your appointment if you currently wear toe pads or padding, they are required to properly fit the pointe shoes.
- You should warm up before your appointment to avoid injury, do a few plie and releves or warm up using a resistance band.
- Clients must follow the preparation instructions; bring the information and items requested above. If they do not we may have to cancel the appointment and reschedule for another day, we need the requested information and items to provide the service.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment; persons who are 15 minutes late or greater may not be able to be seen that day.
- If you are running late please notify the showroom as soon as possible that way we can check our calendar to see if it will still be possible to assist you that day or if you will have to reschedule.